Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bread for Lunch - Corn bread with Teriyaki mackerel

Corn bread with Teriyaki mackerel

I've been having tuna too often too much and when I saw Teriyaki mackerel, I decided to give it a try. Just in case it tastes too fishy, instead of the regular wholemeal breads, I bought the sweeter and more fragrant corn bread to go with the fish.

The corn bread from Gardenia is white bread, but at just 141kcal for 3 slices, it can be considered as low cal food. And together with the low cal mackerel, the meal will be pretty calories friendly.

Surprisingly, the combination was fantastic! The sweetness and fragrant of the corn bread totally went well with the slight saltiness of the Teriyaki mackerel! I'm sure going to try out corn bread with sardine next and see if it can overcome its fishiness as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment