Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bread for Lunch - Sardine and cheese sandwich

Sardine and cheese sandwich

If you're lactose intolerance and you've drank so much soya milk that you think you started to look like Mr Bean, another good source of calcium will be to get a can of the good old Sardine because one fish will give you 100mg of calcium already!

And so I bought a can of Spicy Lime flavoured sardine, spread it on 3 slices of Low GI Nutri Multi-Grain bread, slap on a piece of low fat cheese, and TADA! My Lunch was prepared in less than 5 minutes.

When it was finally lunch time, I suddenly had the idea "hey, why not heat it up in the microwave oven? Maybe the sardine won't taste so fishy then?". But boy I was so wrong to do that to the sandwich! The whole sandwich was heated up alright, but the bread became kind of soft and soggy as well! But luckily the melted cheese blended well with the heated sardine (which indeed had no fishy taste after heated up), so it was not so bad.

But I guess I still prefer a toaster...

No comments:

Post a Comment