Friday, June 11, 2010

Bread for Lunch - Focaccia with sardine

Focaccia with sardine

After having tried all wholemeal and multigrain breads in the supermarket, I really can't bring myself to buy another loaf for lunch. In fact, the only bread I would really love to have a bite then was a good double cheese burger! Ahhhh~~

Of course, I was still conscious of the calories and fat content in a double cheese burger, so instead of walking straight over to Mac, I u-turned to the other bakery at a corner. Still thinking of my double cheese burger, I bought a focaccia bun from this ATAS Swiss Bake. Yah, I know facaccia is a kind of Italian bread covered with lotsa herbs and even more... olive oil! But since it is made of wheat flour, I guess it's not that bad right? (well, at least better than a double cheese burger, right?)

The focaccia bun has a very strong garlic/herb fragrant, while tasting very soft and chewy. It actually tasted very well with the sardine! Which is kinda expected because, just like pizza, focaccia goes very well with tomato paste. The few lettuce leaves I added complemented the whole sandwich seamlessly with its sweetness and freshness as well! On the whole, it was a good sandwich for lunch, and yap, I forgot all about my double cheese burger!

Next time, Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment